SharePoint 2010 Code Documentation using SandCastle and Visual Studio 2010
In this post I’ll show you, how you can create a documention of your code. In the past ndoc was the tool to create code docus but the project seems to be dead. Therefore we use SandCastle, a freeware tool, that is also used by Microsoft to create Code-Documentations.
Here is the reference of the comments within visual studio:
- Download and install Sandcastle.
- Download and install Sandcastle Help File Builder.
- Download and apply Sandcastle Styles patch.
- If you want to create MS specific .chm (Compiled Html Help) files, download and install htmphelp.exe. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=00535334-c8a6-452f-9aa0-d597d16580cc
I don’t want to reinvent the whell therefore, I forward you to some other sites. These sites can explain the next steps certainly better than I can. If you choose the Step by Step Tutorial, you can now start by step 4.
- A Step by Step Tutorial : http://broadcast.oreilly.com/2010/09/build-html-documentation-for-y.html
- A good post about the history and how you setup a project in sandcastle: http://grantpalin.com/2010/01/10/net-projects-generating-documentation-with-sandcastle/